Who needs to splurge on fancy hair treatments when you can treat your hair just the way you like it using ingredients you already have stocked at home?
Garrett Markenson, co-running Reverie hair care and the queen Beyonce’s hairstylist shared some simple DIY hair treatment recipes. Reverie’s fan base is studded with stars including Liberty Ross, Naomi Watts, Miranda Kerr and many more.
In these concoctions, you can include Reverie hair products – all handcrafted in California and made with sustainably sourced herbal ingredients. You can also learn how to make overnight masks, scalp exfoliants and more with Markenson’s instructions as a guide.
This shampoo is fit to use for all hair types. Alongside creating volume and adding shine to your hair, it smells very nice thanks to its variance of neroli, jasmine, sandalwood, pink grapefruit and bourbon vanilla essential oils.- Advertisement -
- Add honey and olive oil to create a mask. If you have essential oils in store, you can add them. A mixture of lavender, cedarwood and rosemary is great for thinning hair.
- Add a dash of juniper to fight off excess oil. You can also add peppermint for strength and growth.
Note: Masks should always be applied to wet hair to lock the moisture in (oils do not moisturize but can help seal moisture in as face oils do) and they need to be washed out thoroughly to ward off build up or damage whenever using hot tools.
This all-around conditioner includes murumuru butter (for your hair to regain its original luster and softness) amino acids (to reconstruct damaged hair strands) and along with other unique ingredients.
Scalp Treatment with Reverie
- To create an exfoliating effect, add a fine grain sugar to Reverie Shampoo.
- Rinse and repeat with Reverie Shampoo sans sugar.
- Condition using Reverie Conditioner for one to two minutes.
- Apply one pipette of Cake Restorative Scalp Tonic.
Reverie Cake Restorative Scalp Tonic
This scalp tonic filled with essential oils, Swiss apple stem cells, and other healthy ingredients does wonders as it can hydrate, promote hair growth and balance the scalp’s PH all at once.
Hair Treatment with Reverie
It only takes twice a week to use Reverie as a scalp treatment before shampooing.
- Apply Ever to coat scalp and hair thoroughly.
- Leave on for a minimum of 20 minutes (bonus if you can apply heat in any form).
- To cleanse, apply shampoo to dry hair first and condition as usual.
Ever Recovery Hair Oil
This multi-talented hair oil, containing marula oil and essential omega fatty acids, adds shine to your hair while helping in the repair of split ends.
- Apply Ever to thoroughly coat scalp and hair.
- Leave overnight.
- Apply shampoo to dry hair and condition.