Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson tested positive for COVID-19! Hanks took to social media on Wednesday evening to inform everybody that he and his wife had been experiencing symptoms that are linked to coronavirus. Later, he confirmed the results.
The multi-awarded actor posted on Instagram saying that he and Rita are presently in Australia. They felt tired as if they had colds and also experience some body aches. In addition, Rita was having chills that came and went as well as slight fevers. That’s why they decided to be tested for Coronavirus and that’s when they found out they were positive.
At present, the 63-year-old actor said that they will be quarantined and have all the medical attention they both need right now. According to him, the medical officials have protocols that they must follow. He added that he and Rita will be tested, observed, and isolated according to the duration required by the public health and safety. He referred to it as one day at a time approach.
To end, he assured everybody that they will keep the whole world posted and updated about their condition. He also reminded everybody to take care of themselves.
Hanks and his wife were in Australia doing separate projects. The actor was working on the pre-production of an Elvis Presley-inspired movie by Baz Luhrmann. Actor Austin Butler also stars in the said film. On the other hand, Wilson was touring Australia and had flown out there approximately a week ago.
Before the Forrest Gump actor shared the sad news regarding the coronavirus results, Warner Bros. already issues a statement
Before Tom shared the news about his and his wife’s coronavirus results, Warner Bros. issued a statement to Deadline which was the first to break the news. According to the company, they have been made aware that a member from their Elvis feature, which is presently in pre-production state in The Gold Coast, Australia tested positive for Coronavirus. They added that they are working closely with the right health agencies in Australia to do contact tracing.- Advertisement -
In conclusion, Warner Bros. said that their top priority is the health and safety of their company members, They are taking all the necessary precautions in order to protect everybody who works on their productions worldwide. They also assured that the person who tested positive is receiving treatment at the present.
Later, a number of Hollywood celebrities expressed their support for the couple.