Thanksgiving is fast approaching and what better way to celebrate the holiday than to be in the presence of family and friends having a wonderful meal under one roof. It’s one of the best times of the year when everybody goes home to celebrate a year full of gratitude and blessings.
On occasions like this, the turkey is always a staple. It has been a tradition to have this big bird on the table filled with herbs, spices, and even carrots and potatoes. But what’s a Thanksgiving party without desserts, right? If you’ve been serving the usual apple pie or pumpkin cheesecake every year, it’s about time to surprise everybody around the table with your new take on Thanksgiving desserts.
Whoever said that making these desserts are difficult and time-consuming obviously hasn’t tried making them. Below you’ll find five very easy to prepare Thanksgiving desserts which are guaranteed to make your guests happy and full.
Lemon Meringue Pie
After that sumptuous turkey, your guests are ready to dig into a slice of lemon meringue pie. This deliciously sweet dessert is so easy to make. You can even lace it with fresh citrus juice for that lemony flavor and smell. Don’t forget to top it light and fluffy meringue to complete the look. Don’t know how to do it? You can check out one of our favorite recipes here. Or find a simple one below.- Advertisement -
Sweet Potato Pie
People have been raving about the numerous health benefits of sweet potatoes and yes, you can include this deliciously healthy tuber in your Thanksgiving menu. The sweet potato pie is very easy to make. All you have to do is boil some sweet potatoes and mash them with a fork. Add heavy cream and brown sugar and put the mixture inside a butterfly shell and bake. You’ll have an amazing dessert in just 40 minutes.
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 9 inches unbaked pie shells
- Mis cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add 2 eggs, and mix the substance well.
- Add milk, sweet potatoes, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt, mix it all well.
- After mixing, pour it into pie shell.
- Bake at 425 (220 C) degrees for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 (180) degrees
- Bake it for 35-40 minutes longer or until it looks done.
The traditional pumpkin pie is a staple during Thanksgiving dinner. All you need is a creamy pumpkin pie filling composed of a can of pumpkin, condensed milk, and eggs. Don’t forget to spice up the flavor by adding spices like cinnamon, cloves, and ginger. Pour the mixture into your crust and bake for around 35 to 40 minutes. And if you wish, you make is healthy and sugar-free.
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 -9 inch unbaked pie shell
- Pre-heat oven to 425 (220 C) degrees.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake 15 minute at 425 (220 C).
- Reduce heat to 350 (180 C) degrees and bake 45 minutes.
- Cool and garnish with whipped cream.
These easy to make Thanksgiving desserts will serve as a delicious treat for you and your friends. Keep the conversations going, laugh and enjoy each other’s presence while sharing your blessings during this day of thanks.